Where Is The Linux Version of Sostronk Cant find It

Recently i Got into Some testing And stuffs so i have to move to Linux(Arch) and Sadly cant have the Dual boot option can i have the Linux version of the sostronk so i can play on it servers are good and flawless with 128tick and Since it is in India I wont be getting too much ping Please help

0 Likes

Am very sorry to inform you that we currently don’t have a Linux version of the App. That being said, its not something we’ve abandoned. We are working on builds for platforms other than Windows.

0 Likes

I dint knew taht it takes so long to Port the App On Other Platform
Hope we get is aSAP

0 Likes

Yeah maybe one day we’ll have pacman install sostronk :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Porting to other Platform is not that difficult i guess. But Hopefully you guys are working on something better right now which will be better than SoSostronk For Linux

0 Likes

By the way i used Wine to install Sostronk on Linux (Antergos) it seemed to work but when entering the Password during login it donot show that the password is being typed but after entering the password then pressing login it accpets the login then i see the App where i cant see the Fonts and it runs normally. i used some screenshots sent by my friend to see which button is for what then i manage to create a server and enter it then i can play on the server normally then again after some time the App Closes Automatically and i get kicked from the server If u can Fix something so it can work Fine on Wine please do it it will be a great help .

0 Likes

I’ll try. What version of Wine are you on? And which distro?

0 Likes

Im on Antergos LTS

0 Likes

Pff I’m blind, you had already mentioned that xD
wine --version please

0 Likes

https://mirror.freedif.org/Antergos/iso/release/antergos-17.3-x86_64.iso

0 Likes

latest one wine 2.0(not the development version)

0 Likes

Currently I dont have access to my PC so cant do any Checks right now but i can say that during the Installation of The Antergos i selected all the packages to be downloaded so in it wine was included with"Windows Support Package"

0 Likes

if any progress takes place pls update this thread

0 Likes

Hi,

I tested with wine-2.3 (Staging) on Ubuntu 16.10 (KDE) and SoStronk installs and launches fine (including the proper text on the buttons).

0 Likes

ok Let me try on Wine 2.3 then Do Distro also matter in this case like since i use Antergos Does it Effect i guess not just wanted A clarification

and the The Sostronk App also used to Close Automatically After Sometime u dint face that issue too?

0 Likes

@TheTester
I’m not very sure if the distro matters, lets see how it goes for you. As for the app closing on its own, I waited only for about 2-3 minutes before considering everything is fine. How much was “Sometime” for you?

0 Likes

@shaan7
For me it is Like 4-5 Rounds so approx it will be 10 min

and and when The App Closes , It do not want to Start again it Keeps Showing the same error for next Few 30 to 40 sec and after that again i used to start the app and then I used to join the server

0 Likes

The app shows an error? What error is that?

0 Likes

Ive Got my Computer in hand Now and did a Clean Install of Antergos since Antergos already have Wine Package 2.4 but Not The Mono and Geko Shuld i install them Prior the Installisation of Sostronk

PS- i will Be giving All the Errors And Dump. Some Fast support right now Will Help me a lot

0 Likes

Mono and Gecko shouldn’t be required.

0 Likes