[AKROS] [WINDOWS 7] [FIXED] Anti cheat not starting

Hi,
Akron anti-cheat fails to launch. Error : Windows requires a digitally signed driver. Also shows process failed to start. Please help. Have tried reinstalling everything but nothing seems to work.

Are you running Windows 7? If yes then first verify if you have C++ Redistributable files. If not download them from here -

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Updated solution to check. Thanks @REAPER15

1 Like

Hi,
Yes I’m running windows 7 and do have the C++ Redistributable Files .
Tried Installing the signature but still not working.

Also getting this error : AAC Error 13 : Unable to start kernel service

1 Like

A restart and reinstall should fix it @rdeathstalker

no still not working.

1 Like

Kindly look into it. I’ve tried everything possible.

1 Like

Can you open cmd as admin and type - sc start AkrosDriver and report the results here.

For some reason your Windows installation is missing certain root certificates. Either you (or a program) have removed some, or you don’t have all Windows 7 updates installed.
You can also try installing the SHA256 certificate from https://support.globalsign.com/ca-certificates/root-certificates/globalsign-root-certificates and see if that works.
At the end, if all of this fails, you can either upgrade to Windows 10 or email support@sostronk.com for a refund.

Same error. Windows 7. Tried uninstalling, restarting pc and then reinstalling sstk. Didn’t work

Same error. Error 13 Tried reinstalling and downloading Microsoft Visual as you have guided.

1 Like

I have released an update to the driver, please try now and let us know if the issue persists.

uninstalled sstk, restarted pc and re-installed with latest setup. Still same error #13.

still same error. windows certificates are up to date. Everything was working fine till the update.

Found a solution: You need to manually download and install - kb4490628 & kb4474419 - both are readily available on the microsoft website.

Restart and then launch sstk.

Thank me later and sstk devs can thank me too :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

workinggggggg thanks

Found a solution: You need to manually download and install - kb4490628 & kb4474419 - both are readily available on the microsoft website.

Restart and then launch sstk.

@rdeathstalker this solution works for AAC error #13 only. Once youve sorted this one -
Launch CSGO > SoStronk Settings > Anticheat > Troubleshoot (even though it might say that “Anticheat is running”)

If it says “Everything seems fine”, you’re good to play.

But if it says your Anticheat is not working - it might be due to Error #14.
For which just uninstall sostronk, restart pc and then reinstall sostronk and troubleshoot again. This time it should say “Everything seems fine”.