3 to 4% loss every PUG/SCRIM and deathmatches

lag

Hello Team , I was about to buy a life time subscription , however this loss% that I see on most of the servers annoy me . I know you are on a beta phase . Is there any update as when this would be fixed .

You are welcome to take suggestions , I work for VMware , let me know if these servers were hosted on VMware platform and if you have any questions from platform stand point.

Regards,

Hareesh

0 Likes

When you saw 3-4% were all players observing the same loss? Almost all reports that we get for loss end up being a player or two having issues on a server because of various network issues (for example you can see loss if your ISP doesn’t offer at least 1Mbps for a 128 CSGO server).
In the future whenever you can confirm that all 10 players in a server face loss, please type .bug 3% loss (or any other message you’d like to give us more info). This will help us analyze as it will send us the Server ID, IP:port and other details.

0 Likes

Hello Shaan,

I have a fibre channel 15 Mbps download and 8 Mbps upload . I can stream and game at the same time . I am pretty sure its not the issue with my ISP. My closest server are from Blore and I get around 10ms latency only thing that bothers me is the loss I see .

what kind of proof are you looking for? I can get all players report it and I have personally seen 5 to 10 games where all players reported same issue .

0 Likes

@Sharq shaq this guy has the same problem as you.

0 Likes

@Outlaw_killuminati

As I said, just all players reporting is good enough[*], every report contains enough metadata for us to investigate. As of now the only known issue we are able to confirm is with our Bangalore location at peak capacity. As a result we have reduced the capacity to what the bandwidth we can maintain in the Bangalore DC. For Mumbai its virtually unlimited.

[*] But please be considerate and report only if you are absolutely certain if all 10 players can confirm. Our support team is already overwhelmed with the existing load.

0 Likes

Hello @shaan7 I can start a packet capture / Tracert with Wireshark and send you the dumps if you want it . I was able to play without losses today mostly on Mumbai servers . May be the fact you are talking about overloaded Blore servers are actually impacting users!

0 Likes

Well its gonna be very hard to actually sequence the packets out (to figure out how many got dropped). Instead if your observations coincide with the fact I told you about Bangalore we’re fine. For the Bangalore front our ops team is working hard to get us a better DC.

0 Likes